16 July 2011

Do you ever have days where you just don't feel like you are worth your price tag? Today has been one of those days. When I was in institute Wednesday, Brother Cope had this quote up on the board. 

We may, indeed, be sure that perfect chastity—like perfect charity—will not be attained by any merely human efforts. You must ask for God’s help. Even when you have done so, it may seem to you for a long time that no help, or less help than you need, is being given. Never mind. After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again. Very often what God first helps us towards is not the virtue itself but just this power of always trying again. For however important chastity (or courage, or truthfulness, or any other virtue) may be, this process trains us in habits of the soul which are more important still. It cures our illusions about ourselves and teaches us to depend on God. We learn, on the one hand, that we cannot trust ourselves even in our best moments, and, on the other, that we need not despair even in our worst, for our failures are forgiven. The only fatal thing is to sit down content with anything less than perfection. -C.S. Lewis

This is definitely something I needed to hear... because I knew that the Atonement is there for me, but hearing it... that makes all the difference. I knew that Heavenly Father will always hear my prayers, and will always help me, but hearing it was all the difference. 

I've made a ton of mistakes in my life... so many that its not even funny. I've made so many mistakes, that my family doesn't speak to me. They have completely cut me out of their lives, and its 100% my fault. They had a hand in just about everything that happened, but they didn't make the decisions. I did. But I'm a good person. I'm a good person, and I try to prove that every day of my life. I hope one day my parents will see how the Church has made me a better person... I hope on day I can prove it to them.

Through Him... everything is possible.
Someday, I'll find my Prince Charming, and he will take me to the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment